Friday 17 May 2013

Αγιος Παυλος (Agios Paulos)

Αγιος Παυλος (Agios Paulos)
enter photo contest
Image by Atli Harðarson


BEST OF THE MARINE CORPS - May 2006 - Defense Visual Information Center
enter photo contest
Image by expertinfantry
During Operation CHISUM, a route reconnaissance patrol, a Marine from Company D, 2nd Light Armored Infantry Battalion, looks out of the driver's hatch of his LAV25 light armored vehicle after stopping on the outskirts of the town. Supporters of General Manuel Noriega had blocked the road with vehicles and refused to allow the Marine patrol to enter the town.

Learn More
Follow on Twitter

Learn More
Follow on Twitter


Winning Image [673]
enter photo contest
Image by brianjmatis
Today, I am published in print. A photo I submitted to the San Luis Obispo New Times 15th Annual Winning images competition, "A Gate in the Woods", took 1st place in the Land/Seascape category.

Not only that, but it MADE THE COVER.

When I found out at the reception and awards ceremony last night, I was in a bit of shock. It's truly such a remarkable honor to be chosen. I've picked up a copy of the New Times almost every week pretty much since I first moved to SLO some 14 years ago, and I've always enjoyed the Winning Images issue - even before I cared at all about taking good photographs myself.

It's the second year I've entered, and the first year that I've won anything. I'm already looking forward to next year's!

The paper hit the stands today. And so, of course, it has to be my photo of the day. (And since making the cover of a newspaper with a circulation of about 50,000 doesn't happen too often, a triptych seemed in order.)

Photo-a-Day
-------------------
Year 2, Day 308
[Total Consecutive Days: 673]


Graduation Day 2010
enter photo contest
Image by expertinfantry
The U.S. Military Academy at West Point celebrated the Class of 2010 Graduation on May 22, 2010. One thousand and two cadets entered Michie Stadium to receive their diplomas and left as newly-commissioned second lieutenants. Photo by Mike Strasser, West Point Public Affairs Office

Learn more: www.expertinfantry.com

Learn more: www.expertinfantry.com


The contestants
enter photo contest
Image by negro gato
I am also entered.

No comments:

Post a Comment